Monitor plastic injection molds to assure that your part has cleared, and IR thermocouples are well suited for monitoring the temperature of plastic extrusions, either at the point of extrusion to monitor correct extrusion temperature, or after air cooling to monitor/control the cooling process prior to cutting to length. For forming plastics, radiant heat with an IRt/c is an excellent combination of heating method and control.
Products Best Suited for the Plastics Industry
- Adjustable IRt/c's with slot spot optics are available for the optically challenged applications:Adjustable IRt/c's with slot spot optics
Related Engineering TechNotes for the Plastics Industry
Exergen has the solutions for monitoring plastics, the Technotes below define several case studies in which the plastic is affected by temperature, and IR temperature sensors are the fasted, most reliable, and accurate way to do so:
- IRt/c Monitors Plastic Injection Mold Clearing
- Monitoring Plastic Extrusions
- Controlling Vacuum Forming and Thermoforming Processes Air
- Plastic Injection Mold Clearing version II
Contact Exergen Sales for inquires and orders.